
Well, election results have come in and Barack Obama will be the United States' 44th President. I'm not particularly sad about this, partly because I voted for him, but also because I feel that for the way the United States is going, in relation to its influence in the world, he is the better man for the job.
All discussion of Obama as a person aside, I would like to just give my humble opinion on voting at the Presidency. I could care less about the fact that Obama is black or a Democrat or without much experience in Washington, D.C. the fact of the matter is that the majority of American citizens voted for him, for better or for worse, and now it is up to us all as American citizens to support him as our leader. Of course it's okay to disagree with the president, that's why we have freedom of speech. However, comments regarding him as the anti-christ and such? Totally unnecessary. Which brings me to my next point...
PLEASE do NOT complain about any of it if you didn't even vote. It was your responsibility to vote in the first place, so if you don't like how it turned out, it's your own fault. Even if you didn't vote because your absentee ballot didn't get in on time or whatnot, don't blame it on your state. If it was important enough to you, you would have asked for your ballot sooner!
I do not feel that Obama's presidency will bring the end of the free world nor the end of the world. It's just a different regime than we're used to. So try to be a little more patriotic and do your best to support the new commander-in-cheif.

3 comments:
Hey Megan! I found your blog from Cheree's. Kristine has a blog now too. You can find it through mine. It's the Ford Family (Noelle & Ryan)
well said Meg!
I look foward to seeing how the country moves on. It's always exciting when change happens. Also, your invitations were beautiful and I LOVED the fleur-de-lis theme!!!! I wish I could be there.....I would if I didn't have a house full of company over turkey day. I'll be thinking of you!!! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment