Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blogger see... Blogger do...


This week has been an exciting week for me. I've been busy preparing my thesis, preparing to move, pretending to be a good hostess, grading students' papers and trying not to go crazy. Oh, and creating this blog.

The exciting time of graduation has come and I have the worst case of Senioritis! I never thought it would be this bad since everyone says that returned missionaries study better and get better grades than they did before the mission. HA! Yeah, I wish I could say I study better. My grades are decent, but I don't know... Going to school straight off of getting home from the mission for 9 months tends to drain one. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I handed in my rough draft of my thesis "Angelina Grimke: Southern Abolitionist" to my adviser for proofing. Over this last little while I've really come to love this woman and her efforts. I mean, it's impressive to think of a woman from a southern, slave-owning family going against her background and becoming the most outspoken abolitionists and feminists of her time.

With the whole wedding and graduation coming up, I'm getting ready to move back home to work for a few months before heading out to San Antonio to fulfill my new role as wife/breadwinner of a family while Justin finishes up his undergraduate at UT-San Antonio. Last week I packed up the majority of my stuff to send home with Andrew who is taking a U-Haul back to NOLA and keeping only the bare minimums for the next two weeks so that Justin's poor car won't suffer during the drive from here to Houston. We'll see how that goes.

This week Justin and I were blessed and pleased to have one of our friends from the mission come visit. Actually, he's here until after WE leave, so he's become Justin's new playmate while I'm at school. It was really great to see Harindranto "Hari" Rasolo, our favorite Malagash again. He and Justin were companions in Brussels and since he was from the French part of our mission, both Justin and I got to serve in his home ward and get to know his family really well. It was great to reminisce about old times and create more amusing memories. I've come to the conclusion that some of the greatest blessings we receive come while we serve the Lord (and I'm not just saying that since I'm marrying someone from my mission!)

Recently I've noticed a lot of my friends and family have blogs and, despite Justin's initial campaign against it, have started this blog. Even though I'm technically not a Bush yet, why not name it Bush's Beans? Actually, as guilty as it makes me sound, when Justin wrote his articles for the transfer newsletter he titled his "Bush's Beans". Yeah, I stole it from him. You know, I figure if we're going to start off with a healthy relationship I need to start of by stealing some of his ideas.

Well, I'm off. Callings and papers are yelling for my attention. Ciao!

1 comment:

hillary and britton said...

Hey Meg!
I love the blog name-cute pics!