Friday, June 17, 2011

Trees

I saw a link on Facebook that had a pretty picture on it. I followed the link to see what other pictures it had. After looking at a few of them I came across this one. I honestly don't think I've been touched by a picture like this one.







Isn't it beautiful? I think it sums up perfectly how the world felt with the restoration of the gospel. The darkness is overcome by bright, beautiful light. How great is it to know the gospel is restored? I am incredibly grateful for it. I remember when Justin and I went to Palmyra during a business trip to Rochester and the wonderful feeling I had. Because I was there longer than he was (two weeks compared to his weekend) and I had a car I went to Palmyra a few times. I love church history! While I love Nauvoo and I think the Salt Lake pioneer stories are interesting, nothing really reaches down in me and moves me like the church history in Palmyra. There's a certain sense of excitement I get when I watch the Joseph Smith movie just prior to the full restoration. When he begins to quesiton the religions, when he has the first vision and when the angel Moroni come I just get goosebumps. Something tells me I probably felt the same way, if not more so, before I came to earth. I am so grateful for the light the gospel is in my light.. Especially now when I'm literally sitting in darkness due to construction next door that prohibits the wall the two rooms share to have operating electricity. Three cheers for light!

No comments: