Monday, April 22, 2013

A few little memories

For a historian, I really suck at tracking the personal history of myself and my child. I had the goal of taking a picture of Atticus every 1 month anniversary of his birth. The first month I reminded myself to take a picture but forgot throughout the day and just took one after Justin had swaddled him before going to bed. For the second month I reminded myself and just forgot to take a picture until the next day. So I'm just going to share a few pictures and write down a little bit about my favorite child under 2" tall (although, given his recent checkup that will probably end soon as well). I hope you'll forgive me as I post a ton of pictures to help me (and maybe one day Atticus) remember some important things about my little boy's first two months.

Born 2/13/13 @ 9:19pm. 7.4#, 21"

You spent two weeks and three days in the NICU

After almost two weeks with a feeding tube, you decided it was high time to get rid of it and ended up taking it out yourself.
"Who, sweet innocent me?"

You came home 3/2/13


From the get-go you were a very active sleeper. You broke out of swaddling blankets and Velcro swaddlers. You'd also scoot your way across the bed like a little inch worm. Your dad and I would place bets on how far and in what position we would find you each morning.

Your first bath 3/6/13

One month!

After your first Sunday at church 3/17/13. 

Despite your sleeping habits, you're actually a very calm baby.

You also have amazing hair when you sleep.

Your first ferry ride was on the Algiers ferry 3/30/13.

Happy Easter!

You were blessed 3/31/2013. Contrary to the face you are making, you were actually calm while lots of men that love you held you and your dad blessed you.

You really like music. Especially Motown and anything with a good beat.
"Hip hop hooray!"

Your "first" George's Favorite from Hansen's Sno-Bliz. We'll need to take you back in the not too distant future so you can have a real one.

You are your dad's favorite toy. And you look a lot like him.


I thought it was amusing that I call you my monkey and the first toy you actively tried to reach and play with was a monkey.
A little after two months: 10.5#, 22.75"
It stinks not being able to spend every day with you since I have to work. But I like sitting in the back of the car while Dad plays chauffeur so that I can see your happy, toothless smile. It makes it easier for me.







Although it seems you get tired of me playing paparazzi.
 


1 comment: