Monday, May 20, 2013

Month 3

Well, my monkey is now 3 months and a week old. Woohoo! Here are some highlights from when he was 2 months old... It seems like it was only a couple of weeks ago.
 
We went to get some cloth diapers (the real deal) to use as burp cloths since they're super absorbent. But when we left the store it was POURING (this picture doesn't do it justice). I forgot my umbrella so we were stuck under an awning for about 15 minutes until I had the revelation, "I bought burp cloths because they're super absorbent." It wasn't my brightest moment. But you didn't seem to mind. You were asleep the whole time.

You enjoy your swing. Especially with you super soft blanket under you. And no pants on.

You also look pretty spiffy with shades on. Happy first Mother's Day to me!

As I was going through familysearch.org I decided to update your info. They asked me how I knew...

My craft room is shared with your bedroom. Because you REALLY like your changing table and it has rails on the side, I let you chill out there until you get fussy. But apparently you went the "fall asleep" route instead.

You still have awesome hair. I love it.

Although your dad thinks you already have daddy issues, I beg to differ.

I would say that after your parents and grandparents, your cousin Jackie is one of your biggest fans. She loves to look at you, kiss you, and bring you your pacifier.

3 months (Hey, I at least got it on your month marker this time!) 23.75", 11lbs 12oz

You really enjoy the backseat when I can make faces at you.

You REALLY don't like tummy time. Most of the time you cry in rebellion but this take you decided to take a different approach. Touché.

On date night after taking family pictures.

I'm a lucky gal having two handsome guys like you two!

We were playing with my phone so that you could see yourself. You were a bit confused. But hey, I would be too with a crazy-haired woman behind you.

"Get that light outta my face!"  I'm not saying you're just like your dad, but most mornings you are not a fan of the lights when we turn them on. We wake up pretty early on days when I have to go to work which necessitates Dad cuddling you and feeding you while I pump and get your stuff ready downstairs. 

"What's pumping?" you ask? Well, you, sir, were pretty stubborn and decided not to nurse from the tap. Since I still want to give you breast milk, I hook myself up to a pump 7 times a day, 30 minutes (at least) each time and get you stuff. I don't like it, but hey, at least you still get the good stuff. Plus, since you don't eat as much as I make I get to donate the excess to a couple of families in the area whose babies need milk too. It's a win-win.

1 comment: